Pico de Gallo is just Salsa.
Now, you wouldn't expect something to go wrong when whipping up this kind of a little number. After all, it's just - er - salsa!
But boy! This one was out to get me.
I accidentally deleted all my pico pics on Saturday and so had to make it again on Sunday. Considering that I like it, I probably should stop being overly dramatic about it.
Anyway, you can alter the individual quantity of ingredients going in when you are making a salsa.
What you see here is just how I like it. In things like this, I always like my onions to have an equal footing with the tomatoes.
Also, I have used only just a bit of cilantro - however much I like them in certain dishes, I really can't stand them in their raw act.
No, I really can't.
I like my salsa to be a bit on the hotter side too.
What You Will Need:
- Ripe Tomatoes, finely chopped - 1/2 cup
- Onions, finely chopped - 1/2 cup
- Jalapeño Peppers - 1 or more (Or other chillies if you don't have them or if you want your salsa hotter.)
- Cilantro, very finely chopped - A little bit
- Lime Juice - of half a lime (Adjust to taste)
- Salt - A generous sprinkling
- Sugar - A pinch or two to round everything off
Just mix everything well and we are done. Check whether you need to adjust anything.
Personally, I like to crush the tomatoes a bit. Not too much. But just a bit - so that the salsa can sparkle in some nice juices.
Linking this to My Food Treasures, where the event 'Flavors of Cuisines - Mexican' is being hosted this month and to Julie's page at Erivum Puliyum.